Tuesday, May 26, 2009

125/365 Rest in Peace


I didn't take this photo - I wish I could have because that would mean that my grandparents were still here, but they have been gone almost 20 years and I miss them as much as ever. This is my Jiddaw and Siddaw (Syrian for grandma and grandpa) and they were the best anyone could ask for. I used to stop over their house on the way home from college each Friday night and my jiddaw would always make sure I had $5.00 gas money (which he saved from his Bingo winnings) and they always had food waiting for me. They always wanted to know how everything was going and were so upset when I had to leave . My Siddaw had very bad arthritis, worse than I have ever seen even now after being a therapist for 15 years- but I never ever heard her complain. She is my hero and I hope that I have a little of her strength in me.

I miss you both so much
I will love you always
Candy

5 comments:

  1. What a great memorial, Candy! I am sure they are looking down from Heaven smiling at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a WONDERFUL photo and your memories brought tears to my eyes. Grandparents are such special people and you are lucky to have had them in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine memorial indeed, I love their smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such fun memories of them and it's so wonderful you had them in your life for so long although it is never long enough. They were such a happy looking couple. It's so touching that your Jiddaw gave you his Bingo money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a touching post, Candy. You must miss them a lot but there is a lot of comfort in those happy memories, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete