Saturday, March 14, 2009

73/365 Death by chocolate (make your own #4)


My friends have this tradition where they try and outdo the cake they made the year before. I have to say for someone with no baking background the cakes they do are outstanding!! This is the cake my friends husband made for her birthday this year - "Death by chocolate" was the name of this. It's was an amazingly rich chocolate cake (which I didn't eat - I stayed on my diet!) that had a fondant person that was killed by a chocolate avalanche. Unbelievable creativity!!

11 comments:

  1. Amazing! Both the cake and your willpower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the look of that I wouldn't mind trying a few "Death Defying Bites or maybe just a medium sized plate please. What A Way To Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be death of the diet by chocolate - LOL! Wow, what a cake and so much chocolate - I would be in chocolate Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the theme and the photograph!! Is he a pastry chef? That is one beautifully decorated cake. Way too rich for me...well...

    (I just caught up on your last 5 posts. Hope I can stay caught up now!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my....this looks delish! Great photo - and bravo for sticking to your diet with this under your nose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking cake! It's certainly worthy of it's own theme on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny is that dead man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is an amazing cake and very funny. Good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could you concentrate on getting such a good shot and not eat any of that cake? Your friend's hubby outdid himself on that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hard to know what to admire the most, your growing photographic skill, your steady as you go on the food thing or what cool things you post.

    ReplyDelete