Tuesday, January 13, 2009

13/365 Curvy


So I finally got out of the house and was able to find a great spot for my very first photo shoot. I went to the Patterson, NJ Great falls. This is the 2md largest waterfall in the NorthEast right behind Niagra falls. It is 77 feet tall and it was magnificent to watch. You have to walk over a bridge to get to the falls and on the way there are little drops and when I looked down the water's edge made a wicked curve - the water was like silk flowing around this curve and the little drops all around were all white with movement. It was beautiful. I wanted to capture a wider angle but I had to shoot this through an iron fence so this was as wide as I could get without putting my camera through to the other side and you know I am just not that daring! I really didn't do any editing to this photo just some minor croppping on the right side. I'm going to post the entire waterfall tomorrow I just have to work on the photo - the ice around the falls is awfully bright!

17 comments:

  1. Great shot Candy, so Dynamic. I had a similar experience with chainmail fences and decided to just ignore it, in processing it was invisible, but my fence had thin wire FYI

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous shot, Candy. I love the smoothness of the water. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curves plus the flow of the water in this, love how it leads the eye. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a spectacular shot! It's neat the way the water falls so smoothly on either side and then in the middle its all rough and choppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot, I love it. My husband was born in Paterson, NJ. I have never seen the falls, but I know he did as a child. I will have to show him this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an incredible shot - a great curve. Love the silkiness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful capture Candy! Gotta love nature at work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! Great curves. Waterfalls are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's lovely! It's impressive how you managed to get the silken flow of the water at the top as well as the lacy detail of the water in the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An echo to all that's been said, very impressive indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful...the motion and curve of the water, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait ... there is a waterfall in NJ? who knew!

    Thanks to this great shot now I do.

    I feel a road trip coming on ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a wonderful shot Candy ... congrats!!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! I love how you captured the motion of the river.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. I love the contour of the water. Nicely done. !

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - what a GREAT picture! It´s very beautiful! I hope that you have hade a nice day!

    ReplyDelete