Monday, January 19, 2009

19/365 Green


I am tired of the snow..yep I've officially had Enough! Anyway the kids were not up for any modeling today so I settled in on these great green apples. I learned a lot setting up this shot - for instance glare is a nightmare to get rid of. I was not able to control the lighting coming in from the door on the left which is what was captured on the glass. I was able to practice with some basic adjustment layers so that was cool. Hopefully the weather will turn around this week.

14 comments:

  1. They look so real!! Yummy!! Great shot. Nice shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have had the courage to wait for spring but it is a lovely still life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'd never have known that you had glare problems with this if you hadn't said so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great still life, Candy! I want to bite into those apples....The little reflection you do have looks really natural! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. My first reaction when I saw it was that we've got some very talented artists amongst us. :-) You've composed this beautifully and whatever post-processing you did was worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of those apples is a nice antidote to the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot. I agree about the snow! I almost took a picture of a green mailbox today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely green apples

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this, glare or not glare - it works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy, this is great! I love the green and white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those apples look so good! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the composition and the color is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Granny Smith, yummy! The photo is just gorgeous! The color, the lighting, the composition...all of it!

    ReplyDelete