Monday, January 26, 2009

26/365 Corner


Yep..this is MY corner. After 8 years in this house I finally took a corner of our basement over for myself. I moved a refrigerator out of the way (by myself!) - put together the desk (on my own) and got everything to where I was finally happy! Then a month later we were hit with an unexpected obscene amount of rain and we got about 9 inches of water in our basement and lost a LOT of stuff - most of our furniture, our doors, most of the kids toys and alas my scrapbooking area :( It took us a year to remodel we put in new carpet, walls, french drains, and painting - lots of painting! I even learned how to install floor moldings. The kids, however, are still afraid to keep their toys down here. So here it is my corner just the way I like it. I recently moved my wide format printer within reach to my desk so I can print from my laptop and I am happy again :)

10 comments:

  1. and a cozy corner for scrappin' it is! and no toys to trip over either! *bonus* yikes about the flooding though...hope you don't ever have to go through that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice little corner you have! How do you keep it so terribly NEAT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your corner - don't you just love a space that is YOURS!! Doesn't it suck to get water in the basement - that happened at our old house -so much work! Hope it never happens again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice little corner, Candy. My computer occupies a wall in my bedroom and the books and paper overflow the desk space! But I'm working on getting my play area somewhere in the neighborhood of "neat" like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My "corner" isn't this tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your corner looks nice and comfy now!! Love the lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy Candy --- your corner put's mine to shame! I just kind of spread out and take over half the room which it not always a good thing! Great picture and great space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks a great corner and a quiet place to work. Good lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your corner with its lovely, soft colors and pretty photos on the wall. You could also have used this for ORGANIZED. LOL
    How do you keep it so neat? Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a very cozy retreat - warm photo!

    ReplyDelete