Friday, January 16, 2009

16/365 Living the Green Life


So I was driving home the other day and I saw this container at a gas station. I tried to take a picture while I waited at a red light but missed the opportunity so as the cars behind me honked I made a u-turn and went into the gas station, got out of the car and took the shot. Luckily I had remembered the theme for one of the photo challenges was recycling and this is as good a place as any. I found this also amusing because in the back of my car I had 2 HUGE bags of clothes that were too big for me! I've lost 31 pounds since July .. which equals 6 pant sizes. So I am a big fan of recycling clothing. I ended up donating all of my clothes to a battered woman's shelter where I am sure they will be well needed.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Candy, 31 lbs - way to go!! A big CONGRATS is in order! How lucky to "just by chance" driving by a donation box. Great image for the theme and what a way to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! (I'm working on skinnying up myself--I'm down 25 lbs since October--what a great feeling to be able to donate those too large clothes!)
    Good for you for recycling those clothes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you on your weight loss & your generosity in donating to a woman's shelter.
    I'm sure they're very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing what you see now?? Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss! That's a huge accomplishment. You must feel terrific. And thanks for the clearly "green" photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good capture--love the green slogan! congrats on losing the weight! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete