Sunday, February 8, 2009

39/365 Vines


We finally had a nice day here so I was able to walk around my house to see how the house is holding up after all the snow and cold weather. Unfortunately, the ivy in the back seems to have thrived in this weather! The vines are out of control and in need of some desperate trimming :( This is the back corner of my property and that vine and I have had major issues since the very beginning. I have trimmed in back by at least 50% but it keeps coming back!!

On a much more positive note today is my dad's 70th birthday!! My sisters and I all went over to their house for dinner. My mom had some incredible food (ugghhh good thing I got weighed at weight watchers before I went!) We got him 2 Wii games - as both my parents are addicted to the Wii!! Happy Birthday dad - I love you very much!! #3

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Candy's dad - hope you had a great one! Candy - wonderful image - amazing how these vines grow - even in the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot of the troublesome vines!! Happy 70th birthday to your dad. Glad his celebration was fun and he got something to feed his addicition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see your yard and it is not covered with snow, Candy. Tell your Dad Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot! They look so pretty but they are sooooo invasive. Happy B'day to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Dad - and good luck on battling the vines this year. A good illustration of vines to fit this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy birthday to your dad! What a fun activity for your parents and a good obsession to share with your kids too, I bet...

    ReplyDelete