Monday, February 16, 2009

46/365 Folk Art


2 posts today so I can get caught up!! These are 3 candle sticks that I made while I was in college. I had to take a wood working class so these were all hand carved with hand tools the only power tool I remember using was to cut the hole in the center for the test tube (to hold the candle.) I gave these to my parents to put in their shore house but they have sooooo many nautical items they didn't like that they didn't get the attention they deserved and so they gave them back to me. I'm glad they did, anyway it's the closest thing that I felt met the folk art theme in my house :)

4 comments:

  1. Well trained fish to stand on their tails and let you insert a candle it their mouths, you are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool candle sticks, again your talent is really coming out - these are really cool! You were born to be creative, I see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really neat! You certainly are multi-talented! I like your shot here - nice light and the shadows provide depth to the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wood working and photo. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete