Tuesday, February 17, 2009

48/365 Cookery


So a chef I am certainly not. I seem to have put more creative energy into crafts than into cooking which is why I gladly handed over the reigns to the kitchen to my husband. However, since I've been dieting his good ol' greasy chicken just isn't cutting it so I've come to make a pretty mean salad. I like my food to be interesting so this is my American version to my grandmother's Syrian Taboule. It will take me the rest of the week to finish this bowl but I assure you I will finish every single bit! mmmmm

Ohh so the theme cookery - well I can cut veggies, boil water and make salad so that's all pictured here :)

9 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous - you should post the recipie - I am always looking for new salads (I do the same thing - make them and then eat them for a week)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this vignette - the bright colors of the salad (which looks DELISH) against the stainless and the knife block. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice composition, pretty, bright colors. When's lunch?
    (Are you going to share the recipe?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks deelish Candy! Fun Mickey-eared kettle you have in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you captured various aspects of cookery in this shot, but so subtle in the way it's set up to grab the different elements - very nice shot for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! A few things.....love the Mickey Mouse kettle, love the composition & photography, and last, but certainly not least, love taboule! Your salad is so colorful...I usually have the more traditional one, when I'm lucky enough that is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy looking salad!! I love salad but only if someone else makes it...what time is dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally think we should add a new challenge guideline as follows: "Any tasty food images must be accompanied by recipes and/or samples."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great composition and focus on the salad, too. Which looks positively mouth-watering, by the way. I want to be on your diet... Count me in for the recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete