Monday, February 9, 2009

40/365 Two


The two tallest trees on the block - the large pine tree in my yard and the evil oak tree in my back neighbors yard. Ok, I love nature but that oak tree just kills me! the acorns pop against the house, and the branches hit my roof, the leaves take forever to clean up and it just always makes a mess. In the summer I have ONLY shade in my back yard which hurts my vegetable garden. I took this picture because we finally had some nice blue skies - then I realized I framed those two trees and I just went with it.

11 comments:

  1. I love how it ended up being framed this way with that bright blue sky! Lovely! Oh yes, the leaves...say no more. I understand! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too dissimilar to pick at first but truely two too, too good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny what you see after you finish the shot! Nice eye and great image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the contrast between the stark bare oak and the lush evergreen, the blue sky and white clouds. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i, too, know the pain of getting popped with acorns. neat picture though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice image. It's too bad that it encroches on your yard and house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sky. I have a huge oak in my OWN front yard and feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to have pecan trees in our backyard (in another place), and when the wind would get up in winter, it sounded like we were under fire! Pecans taste better than acorns, though, I think!
    I think it's a great shot for the theme Two. You have to admit the beautiful sky really sets of both trees, even making that wicked oak tree look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the contrast of the lush pine and stark bare branches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on 2! That gorgeous sky shows them off perfectly...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your story about the photo - you've even given the trees their own personalities! That evil oak tree looks vicious.

    ReplyDelete