Sunday, February 1, 2009

32/365 Cement


In addition to fixing my kitchen sink yesterday my dad fixed the two broken bricks on my front stoop. I thought I was going to have to put up with it for the rest of the winter but he figured a way to cement them in even with the extreme cold weather. I'll still have to fix some of the cracks and fill in the gaps but that will have to be when the weather gets warmer! So we had a very productive weekend! My sink is fixed, I finished the final caulking today - NO LEAKS!! and you can walk out my front door without falling! Dad's are the best!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been getting a bunch accomplished this weekend! Nice image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And easy to control (for daughters) you could have used this for what's missing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to rent your dad out to me? I've got lots of little things he could do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice dad!! Good job on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. I love the lines and the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovet the texture on these bricks. They'd make a nice texture (hmmm) to overlay onto a grungy photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great close-up. I love all the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shot with lots of detail, Candy. Your dad sounds like a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you send him round here when he's done - I have a nice little list going ;)

    Good one, that little dribble of cement completes the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't Dads wonderful? My father was always fussing over fixing stuff for his daughters, too. Your photo is very interesting as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I wouldn't be Structural Engineer if I didn't point out that cement is just one of the ingredients in the mixture your Dad likely used. The stuff between bricks is usually called mortar, which has cement in it. But, I digress...

    Nice photo none-the-less :-)

    ReplyDelete