Saturday, February 28, 2009

57/365 Works of Art



An amazing structure on it's own, St. Patrick's cathedral is the epitome of a work of art! I couldn't help frame this with the sculpture of Atlas in the foreground. It's an interesting dichotomy between the old stone structure and the modern, smooth, metal sculpture (or so I was told!)

FYI - I took this photo while standing on the opposite side of the street of St. Patrick's cathedral standing behind the statue. I was kneeling on the sidewalk in order to frame the shot. You can see the whole statue in a few posts down under "scultures."

13 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite pics of yours this year! So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A knockout! You were told correctly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific! I love the perspective and the composition on this one. Nice contrast between the sculpture and the building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, this could be a postcard! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful composition Carol!! Very nicely seen.

    Billz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. Two works of art in one photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want to know where you were standing when you took this photo! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful shot of this statue. I'm so glad you found themes for both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome shot. Love the way you framed the cathedral with the statue. I really would have liked to see a pic of you on your knees taking this shot!! Oh the things we'll do to get a photograph!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly beautiful photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photo is a work of art.....this is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I come from NYC, so both Atlas and St. Patrick's are familiar sights to me--but in all my years, I have never seen them from this perspective. That and the lighting...just INCREDIBLE.

    ReplyDelete